|TOKYO, Nov. 4 – “Kei Truck Market” was held in Tokyo on November 3, 2023, to sell local products on the beds of Japanese mini trucks dubbed keitora in Japanese. Farmers and several keitora ichi (kei truck market) associations gathered at the venue with more than 50 mini trucks carrying processed products and seasonal agricultural produce, and the venue was full of people enjoying shopping.
The event was part of the Japan Mobility Show, an exhibition of the latest automotive technology at the Tokyo Big Sight in Koto Ward, Tokyo.
One of the most popular attractions at the market was an all-you-can-pack sale of green peppers by a truck that belongs to a keitora ichi association in Miyazaki Prefecture. The platform covered with green peppers successfully caught the attention of visitors. A green pepper farmer stood by the store to promote the event, encouraging visitors to try samples.
“The shops are from all over Japan, and lots of activities are going on,” a female customer who stopped by after visiting the mobility show said. “It’s new and fun to see them selling their products on the back of mini trucks,” she continued and smiled. She and her two children left the site happily with a bag full of green peppers.
“Wagyu Olympics” which judges the excellence of branded cattle from all over Japan took place.
Watch and try to unveil the mystery of Japanese Wagyu. English, French and Chinese Subtitles are available (Spoken only in Japanese).
Most Popular(Last 30 days)
- 【News】 Fruit tree science institute releases new apple variety with pink flesh (Jan. 22, 2014) 60 views
- Prices of Shine Muscat grapes dropping this year amid slowing overseas demand 58 views
- Wagyu cut demonstration by 28-year-old Japanese master butcher in long-sleeved kimono fascinating the world 56 views
- Neko-chigura cat cradles becoming increasingly popular among cats and cat lovers in Japan 55 views
- Candy apples contributing to reducing food losses 51 views
- Sennen Akari Festival: 20,000 bamboo lanterns emit warm glow in Hita City, Oita Prefecture 50 views
- Fruit cultivation on small plots in Yamanashi Prefecture nurtures biodiversity 49 views
- One cherry tomato “tree” bearing 40,000 shining fruits at a time in Mihama Town, Fukui Prefecture 45 views
- It’s mysterious circles in Japan! Drone captures circles of trees 43 views
- New vending machines in Tokyo Station offering you nice relaxing experience with tea in chabacco, not tobacco! 37 views