The Japan Agricultural News acknowledges that it is the basics of our business and our social responsibility to appropriately handle personal information of our shareholders (investors), readers, advertisers and users, and pledges to abide by the following policy.
Personal information related to media reporting and professional writing are exempted under the law from the obligations subject to entities that handle personal information, but The Japan Agricultural News will abide by the following policy except when responding to requests for information disclosure or corrections.
- We will sincerely comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning privacy protection, including the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and guidelines set by the related ministries, in handling personal information.
- We will specify the purpose of use for personal information as strictly as possible and use such information only within that scope, except when given prior consent by the person concerned or when exempted under laws and regulations. We will also take measures to prevent the use of such information beyond the scope of the purpose of use.
- When collecting personal information, we will either announce the purposes in advance or notify the person concerned immediately after collecting the data, except for cases that are exempted under laws and regulations. We will notify the purposes beforehand in the cases when we receive information directly from the person concerned in writing.
- We will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage of personal information, ensure safety management of other personal data and supervise employees and outsourced entities. In the unlikely event that an information security incident should occur, we will respond promptly to take corrective action.
- We will do our utmost to manage personal data in an accurate and updated form only for specified purposes.
- We will not provide third parties with personal data without obtaining prior consent of the person concerned, except when required by applicable law.
- We will respond to requests from the person concerned to disclose the personal data that we maintain concerning them and correct any inaccuracies in such information.
- We will respond swiftly and appropriately to complaints and inquiries from the person concerned regarding the personal information we handle and make efforts to prepare systems within the company for the purpose.
- We will strive to constantly improve the management system for protection of personal information we handle, including conducting proper internal auditing.
July 15, 2021
The Japan Agricultural News