The Japan Agricultural News, which operates this website, ensures protection of personal information based on the following guidelines.
- We collect personal information in an appropriate and fair manner.
- We use personal information only for the purposes which we have specified when gathering them, and not beyond the scope of required processes in providing requested services.
- We do not provide third parties with personal information without obtaining consent from the person concerned in advance, except when required by applicable law.
- When we entrust a third party with the handling of any personal information, we conduct strict evaluation of the third party and exercise appropriate supervision over it to ensure the security of such information.
The Japan Agricultural News strongly recognizes that it is its social responsibility to handle personal information of its readers, advertisers and users, and promises to protect and respect personal information based on the following protection policies.
- In handling personal information, we comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ministerial guidelines concerning privacy protection.
- We strictly limit the use of personal information to previously specified purposes and we do not use the information for other purposes without obtaining prior consent of the person concerned, except for legally authorized cases.
- When collecting personal information, except for legally authorized cases, we either announce the purposes beforehand or notify the person concerned immediately afterwards. We notify the purposes beforehand in the cases when we receive information directly from the person concerned in writing.
- We do our utmost to manage personal information in an accurate and updated form only for specified purposes. We supervise our staff and outsourcing firms by taking necessary and appropriate privacy safeguard steps to protect personal information.
- We do not provide third parties with personal information without obtaining prior consent of the person concerned, except when required by applicable law.
- When we receive requests from our readers, advertisers or users to disclose or correct the personal information that we maintain concerning them, we confirm their identity and the details of their requests, and take appropriate measures such as correcting any inaccuracies in such information or deleting them.We may not disclose all or part of personal data when:
- There is a possibility of putting at risk the life, body, property or rights and interests of the person concerned or of a third party;
- There is a possibility of seriously hindering operations of The Japan Agricultural News;
- There is a possibility of violating other laws or regulations.
October 1, 2010
The Japan Agricultural News