|TOKYO, Nov. 14 – On November 13, 2023, the National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations (ZEN-NOH) completed the lineup of its Nippon Yell brand gummy candies made with fruits unique to each of all 47 prefectures in Japan. In just over two years, it released a total of 63 kinds, drawing consumers’ attention as the products that offer the fun of choosing.
In September 2021, ZEN-NOH released the first line of Nippon Yell Gummy Candies, 28 kinds featuring 21 prefectures. Since then, the all-Japan gummy series sold more than 20 million bags by September this year. On November 13, ZEN-NOH released “Nippon Yell Gummy made of Mio Shizuku Strawberry from Shiga Prefecture” to accomplish the goal of presenting gummy candies featuring all 47 prefectures.
The secret behind its popularity is the wide variety of agricultural products used for the series. For example, there are eight different types of strawberry gummy candies. The use of rare ingredients and varieties such as Japanese peppermint and tomatoes is also a key to attracting consumers.
“The series offers the fun of choosing your favorite gummy candies, and that’s why it’s so strong. It also helps promote domestically grown fruits,” says ZEN-NOH’s Sales Development Department member. One bag of gummy candy contains 40 grams, and its suggested retail price is 160 yen. They are available nationwide at
supermarkets, convenience stores, and farmers’ markets.
“Wagyu Olympics” which judges the excellence of branded cattle from all over Japan took place.
Watch and try to unveil the mystery of Japanese Wagyu. English, French and Chinese Subtitles are available (Spoken only in Japanese).
Most Popular(Last 30 days)
- 【News】 Fruit tree science institute releases new apple variety with pink flesh (Jan. 22, 2014) 60 views
- Prices of Shine Muscat grapes dropping this year amid slowing overseas demand 58 views
- Wagyu cut demonstration by 28-year-old Japanese master butcher in long-sleeved kimono fascinating the world 56 views
- Neko-chigura cat cradles becoming increasingly popular among cats and cat lovers in Japan 55 views
- Candy apples contributing to reducing food losses 51 views
- Sennen Akari Festival: 20,000 bamboo lanterns emit warm glow in Hita City, Oita Prefecture 50 views
- Fruit cultivation on small plots in Yamanashi Prefecture nurtures biodiversity 49 views
- One cherry tomato “tree” bearing 40,000 shining fruits at a time in Mihama Town, Fukui Prefecture 45 views
- It’s mysterious circles in Japan! Drone captures circles of trees 43 views
- New vending machines in Tokyo Station offering you nice relaxing experience with tea in chabacco, not tobacco! 37 views