|TOKYO, Oct. 3 – Japan’s first and new online comic book with stories about only milk is gathering the attention of social media users. It’s the online magazine called “Weekly Saturday & Sunday Milk ,” for which ten cartoonists already famous on several social media take turns to provide new stories to share the attractiveness of milk. It’s one of the unique initiatives by the Japan Dairy Association (J-milk) to raise milk consumption over the weekends when no school lunch with a pack of milk is provided to children.
The first strip was released on September 30 by Kei Kurata, who is popular for her comic essays about ordinary happenings. The story was about her 4-year-old son’s fascination with milk carton crafting and her gratitude for the milk from all over the country and the dairy cows. It caught many people’s hearts and won approximately 10,000 “likes” in only three days.
One new original story will be offered on the special website on “Saturday and Sunday Milk” or individual SNS accounts of the ten cartoonists, free of charge.
“We think it’s necessary to keep communicating with consumers to share the value of milk and make it their habit to drink milk every day,” a representative of J-milk said. The online comic book will be updated every Saturday until early December.
“Wagyu Olympics” which judges the excellence of branded cattle from all over Japan took place.
Watch and try to unveil the mystery of Japanese Wagyu. English, French and Chinese Subtitles are available (Spoken only in Japanese).
Most Popular(Last 30 days)
- ZEN-NOH completes lineup of Nippon Yell brand gummy candies from Japan’s all 47 prefectures 60 views
- Edamame takeaway shop opens in Kyoto 55 views
- Long life tofu attracting popularity with more makers releasing products made from Japan-grown soybeans 50 views
- Japan A2 Milk Association introduces certification system to give new option to consumers needing milk with less post-dairy digestive discomfort 48 views
- Japan’s first wagyu beef auction for foreign buyers held in Hyogo Prefecture 45 views
- Wagyu-brand beef and cowhide producers present original gloves to celebrate Orix Buffaloes’ victory 44 views
- 【News】 New strawberry variety Yotsuboshi developed (July 24, 2014) 42 views
- interview: Cyprus emphasis on sustainable production and traditional food protection 39 views
- Japan’s longest windbreak forest turns gold as leaves change color 39 views
- Prices of Shine Muscat grapes dropping this year amid slowing overseas demand 39 views