|TOKYO, Oct. 5 – “What’s the best food to pair with milk?” Hokuren Federation of Agricultural Cooperatives of Hokkaido, Japan, has started a nationwide poll to choose the best milk companion as part of its ongoing effort to boost milk consumption. Hokuren’s website has a list of candidates, and you can cast an online vote on the website or the X (ex-Twitter) by November 30.
The campaign is part of the “Milk Land Hokkaido” initiative for encouraging the consumption of milk and dairy products. The Milk Land Hokkaido has prepared a special website with the posters of ten “election” candidates: bean jam buns, toast, cakes, curry and rice, doughnuts, chocolates, cookies, ramen noodles, strawberries, and cereals. Voters can also name other foods if whatever they like is not on the list.
After the poll, 1,000 voters can win prizes such as a gift catalog worth 5,000 yen or a box of assorted cheese from Hokkaido worth 2,000 yen.
“Wagyu Olympics” which judges the excellence of branded cattle from all over Japan took place.
Watch and try to unveil the mystery of Japanese Wagyu. English, French and Chinese Subtitles are available (Spoken only in Japanese).
Most Popular(Last 30 days)
- ZEN-NOH completes lineup of Nippon Yell brand gummy candies from Japan’s all 47 prefectures 60 views
- Edamame takeaway shop opens in Kyoto 55 views
- Long life tofu attracting popularity with more makers releasing products made from Japan-grown soybeans 50 views
- Japan A2 Milk Association introduces certification system to give new option to consumers needing milk with less post-dairy digestive discomfort 48 views
- Japan’s first wagyu beef auction for foreign buyers held in Hyogo Prefecture 45 views
- Wagyu-brand beef and cowhide producers present original gloves to celebrate Orix Buffaloes’ victory 44 views
- 【News】 New strawberry variety Yotsuboshi developed (July 24, 2014) 42 views
- interview: Cyprus emphasis on sustainable production and traditional food protection 39 views
- Japan’s longest windbreak forest turns gold as leaves change color 39 views
- Prices of Shine Muscat grapes dropping this year amid slowing overseas demand 39 views